Friday, June 15, 2012

In the Hotel 6-12


They moved me into a room on the first floor.  I like it a little better because it’s faces the court yard but I guess it used to be a storage room for years.  I mean, for years and years. So it's kinda got an unfinished vibe to it, which I kinda like, but it's been a storage room for so long, it's hard for workers to remember it's not a storage room.

Today one of the Indian house keepers told me that he put his cart in my room.  I’m exactly sure why that happend, the guy speaks enough English to tell you something like that, but not quite enough to explain something like that.  He was really nice about it when he told me so I wasn’t even mad.  He somehow made me feel good about having a housekeeper cart in my still unorganized room.  This guy could rob me at gunpoint and I would be at peace with it.  I think at the end of the conversation I thanked him, as if to say I’m happy that he had chosen my room to put the cart in, but I’m sure he just did that out of habit.  Kinda like “What’s this?  Oh, yeah, David moved to this room.  Well... Guess I’ll just push this cart in about three feet from the door and call it a day”

So, today I organised my room a bit and hung out with the cart.  Took some soaps.  Then the Indian wife come and gets the cart.  The women tend to speak less English.  Like a 20 vocabulary.  After that I thought I could get some sleep, but about 2 minutes later the Indian guy knocks and asks for the cart.  I think I thanked him for waking me at some point and went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment